Most helpful review

Will find a different breeder next time.

Berg Quella Kennel - Will find a different breeder next time.
We got a female puppy from Linda 3 years ago. Ruby grown in gorgeous and smart dog. BUT...her hips were horrible, since she was a puppy. She doesnt jump or going upstairs because it painful and difficult for her. Her rear end is swaying, since she was about 2 months...

we NEVER sell a dog at 6 weeks old

I can see by the list of resent posts with NO NAME that they are bogus- why??? if you bought a puppy from us would you not contact us?

we do not have fleas here- each puppy is inspected for fleas or they DO NOT pass the health cert! so...................who are you?

View more comments

Shady breeder..

I got my dog from Linda, 3 years ago. She is very smart and beautiful. BUT... when we came there to pick her up at 6 weeks old, we noticed puppy was full of fleas and ticks. Linda explained " we have many squirrels running around". Fine, we was able to get rid of these...

We never sell a puppy at 6 wks of age- every puppy is examined by a Lic Vet including for fleas and it would not pass if our dogs had fleas!! No one ever contacted us to hip problems!

so..Ruby owner contact us so we can - stop producing hip problems!!! What person would post a bad review with out even contacting the breeder!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Are we mind readers!!!!!!!!!! UH Your acting like we Know we do this, and we Intentionally do this to the dogs/breed- *** People!!!!

Dog Aggressive Since Puppyhood

Purchased my dog 4 years ago after I saw her discounted by $1,000, that should have been my first red flag. Linda told me that she was discounted because of a large scar the GSD had between its eyes. Upon bringing her home at 10 weeks old, she was already extremely reactive towards other dogs and children!!! I could instantly tell this pup was not socialized as she should have been in her first few weeks. For many years, my partner and I have invested thousands of dollars in *many* different obedience classes and private lessons. We have driven everywhere from Lakeland, Oviedo, Clermont, South Florida and many other cities in a desperate attempt to reduce her aggression to no avail. I've NEVER seen a puppy with her level of aggression and I'm not sure what has caused her to display this behavior at only 10 weeks old.....for this reason, I would NOT recommend this breeder.

Haha you left a negative review when you bought the puppy at 10 weeks, your didn't train the dog so you blame the broader for your dogs misbehavior? Seems to me just like with pitbulls, the training and demeanor fall on the owner!

@PissedConsumer1415961

exactly !! i got my dog from this breeder & he is a complete angel.

View more comments (1)
ID
Cons
  • Being sold a bad product

Florida Health Certificate of Veterinary Inspection

Berg Quella Kennel - Florida Health Certificate of Veterinary Inspection
Here is a copy of the Florida health cert, for Eileen Brown's Male Puppy. I had to ask the breeder to see it since I want to know if these claims were true! Read carefully at the bottom! "No Abnormalities found, except test*** are not descended, could come down with...

no personal vested interest (other than wanting to see nothing but responsible breeders and healthy animals) in this situation, just as a heads up. i am genuinely curious as to where exactly you see this notation re: lack of palpable anatomy.

i see a (very hazy and hard to read) notation at the bottom, which appears to read "no abnormalities found".

there *may* be some further wording past this, however it has either not transposed well enough to be legible, or this cc has been edited. either way, the certification seems shady af.

considering the numerous other reports on here of the exact same issue, i would be very hesitant to jump on team breeder that quickly. purchase at yr own discretion, y'all.

sincerely,

concerned veterinary technician

Good customer service

I love my puppy from Linda Strand!

Berg Quella Kennel - I love my puppy from Linda Strand!
Berg Quella Kennel - I love my puppy from Linda Strand!
My girl is 5 years old from Linda Strand Imports! She is a wonderful protective family dog! Can't wait to get our next puppy from her! I don't care who you are, after selling puppies for over 30 years you are going to have people that complain about anything. Sad thing...
Good quality

Linda Strand made problem worse for puppy and for me. Feb 2017

Linda Strand made problem worse for puppy and for me, the owner. Linda Strand ignored my texts for financial help for serious surgery for my German Shepherd precious puppy, bought on Nov. 5, 2016. My puppy has a birth defect, requiring surgery, to remove the reproductive Organs, which are high up in his abdomen. This birth defect is passed down from the adult breeding dogs, belonging to Linda Strand, this chromosome, is passed down, to the litters, to the puppies. No disclosure to me, nothing ever said to me, nothing written in my health certificate, nothing ever said about this serious birth defect inside my puppy. My puppy will never be able to compete in dog shows that require all reproductive parts, called intact, and never be able to breed, and have puppies, of his own. Linda Strand ignored my texts and my asking for financial help, to help pay For this surgery, that was never disclosed to me. Never an apology, for putting my precious puppy and me, the loving owner, Through this ***. Linda Strand, texted me, finally, today, Feb. 16. 2017, to tell me to go to Orlando or to Deland, to get this surgery done. Linda Strand said it is very cheap there, but, she never mentioned any Help, paying for this important, life saving surgery, that prevents cancer and torsion, in my puppy. Also, taking a sick puppy, traveling, long distances, such as Orlando, and Deland, Is not wise, for it is about a four hour trip, or more depending on traffic And weather conditions. I live very far from Orlando and Delano, and if my puppy has serious Medical complications, or adverse reactions, then, my puppy and I would be very far from our home! Linda Strand you made this serious problem worse, for this precious puppy. It would be wise and in the best interests for this puppy, to be treated by his Vet, In our own home town, for his Vet, has over 35 years experience, with this Medical birth defect problem, and if there are any medical complications, This Vet, in my own home town, is only 15 minutes away, from us. Linda Strand needs to accept responsibility and accountability and help Pay at least half of this serious, much needed surgery, for a birth defect, Never told to me, when I bought puppy. Linda Strand, are you going to help this precious puppy? Then, please think about helping to get this sweet puppy, his much Needed surgery, to prevent cancer and torsion. The surgery cost by his excellent Vet, in our home town, is 500 dollars, And I am asking for you to please pay only half, that would be 250 dollars, To help this puppy, to have a healthy and a happy life, free of cancer and torsion. Please do the right thing, for the life of this precious puppy, sold by you, On November 5, 2016. Today is Feb. 16, 2017, please hope to hear from you, soon. Puppy is counting on you.

I November 5, 2016

Eileen Brown 1993 Colonial Dr., Greencove springs Florida came to look available male puppy for sale eight weeks old.

She was told that he had retained ***, she agreed she want to purchase this puppy it was agreed that this puppy would be sold as a family pet and a reduction of $100 was taken off the price and to veterinarians or offered to her at that time for approximately $160 and the other one $ 255 that would do the surgery if the *** did not come down.

Eileen Brown decided she wanted this puppy at a reduced price knowing that his *** were retained she further signed an official health certificate stating that the puppy had retained *** she received $100 off on the purchase price and a male puppy was sold as a family pet not for breeding and I have since given her the numbers and addresses of the veterinarians willing to do the complete surgery because the *** did not come down at the age of five months old.

Mrs. Brown contacted me to ask me to pay more money because she is choosing a vet that wants to charge $500.

Agreement at the time of the sale of the puppy was she got a reduction in price on the puppy he was sold as a family pet and she can have the procedure done at a very affordable price but she chooses to pay more money to a different vet.

Everything was upfront and she is making a choice to spend more money for a procedure that does not have to cost that much. So the truth is she knew about the *** she signed the health cert.

stating it she signed a bill of sale with a reduction in price stating that the puppy was for family pet not breed quality. These are the facts.

Apology and paying half, is very reasonable and is very

Important, after, this shocking and unhappy discovery of a birth defect, in puppy, sold by Linda Strand.

The loving owner, has been put through enough, and

The important issue here, is to get this precious puppy, help,

Medical surgery, to prevent cancer, and death.

Linda Strand, please, do not put, this owner, on A long, far, traveling trip, to Orlando, or to Deland, Because, it may be a little cheaper. The owner and this pet, should go to their Vet, Who has 35 years experience, and is very near their home, Only 15 minutes, away, from the puppy's home.

Please help this owner, and empty words, or long and stressful Trips to Far away places, such as Orlando, is not helpful! Asking you, for half the cost, is very reasonable, to help the owner pay, for this life saving, urgent surgery. Linda Strand, your not telling the owner, that this puppy, has, A birth defect, a chromosome, passed down, from your adult breeding dogs, to their litters, to their puppies, is very Shocking, and this is a financial burden, and an emotional Burden, for this poor owner! Linda Strand, no more empty words and unreasonable suggestions, and stressful traveling to far away places, to get, A little cheaper, surgery, by unknown Vets, and not knowing These total strangers.

Just help this poor owner, help pay for half the surgery, 250 dollars, to her excellent Vet, who already treating this puppy, And is close to the home of this precious puppy, Just in case, there is serious complications, or medical procedure problems, they are only 15 minutes away, to get help! Linda Strand, the community, is watching your actions, now. You need to help this puppy, and this poor owner, to get the surgery, by paying only half, 250 dollars. This is fair and reasonable, to help, the precious puppy and the Loving owner, on Feb.

17, 2017, this is a serious birth defect, Never told, to the owner.

Do the right thing, help them, Feb. 17, 2017

@PissedConsumer1289655

Feb. 21, 2017

Linda Strand needs to do the right thing to help this

Precious puppy and loving owner.

Linda Strand needs to pay half, which is 250 dollars

Of this life saving surgery, to prevent Cancer.

Not helping this puppy, is inhumane and disrespectful And shows our community, the sad treatment and poor attitude of This Breeder: Linda Strand!

Everyone is reading about Linda Strand, and how, she abandoned This precious puppy, how she sold this precious puppy, with a birth defect, never telling her customer, never telling customer About this serious health problem, inside puppy, that must now Have all reproductive parts, way up in his abdomen, removed, By a experienced Vet, to prevent cancer! This birth defect, this chromosome, is passed down from both parents, of this puppy, From Linda Strand, breeding dogs! Wow!! Linda Strand never said anything, to the owner, at time of Purchase, of this precious puppy!

The owner found out this scary news from her Vet, during A new puppy exam! Why? Why put puppy and owner through so much heart break and put this puppy through a painful surgery, that will change this puppy's life forever! This puppy will get Cancer, unless all reproductive organs are removed, soon!

This is a serious birth defect, from Linda Strands adult dogs Passed down to her puppies! This surgery will castrate, neuter this puppy. The owner never wanted her puppy castrated! But the owner is forced to neuter, due to this birth defect.

Why won't Linda Strand, help pay for this serious and life saving surgery, now? Linda Strand needs to stop breeding these adult dogs, which are passing now this birth defect, and passing down Heart break And painful surgery and painful recovy time to an innocent Puppy! The owner and puppy are suffering now, due to Linda Strand! Linda Strand needs to help pay for this surgery!

Everyone is watching your actions, towards this puppy And the owner. Reputation is all we have, in this world, that shows the world, who we really are, and he much we care or do not care about others, and how much we respect and care about animals!

@PissedConsumer1291533

I November 5, 2016

@PissedConsumer1291533

As a Dachshund breeder retained * can and do happen. What I am concerned about is why the vet is charging a set rate of $500?

Our local vet charges $80 for a neuter. She charges $25-50 if she has to find one or both. What is $500 for? I am thinking the vet is either taking advantage of this situation or the buyer is asking for more than the actual vet cost.

Either way a spay or neuter cost should be born buy the new owner. If a discount was given, as seller has stated, then that should be sufficient.

I would like to see the sales contact before I jump to a conclusion. Any way to post this?

View more comments (4)
Poor customer service

Feb 2017 Surgery needed for puppy bought from Linda Strand

I left a post and posted my name, my complaint is based on three Professional Veternarians, who examed my puppy, bought, From Linda Strand, and found that my puppy had a birth defect! Linda Strand did not disclose to me, this serious birth defect. My puppy, bought on November 5, 2016, must now, under go An expensive and painful 500 dollar surgery, to remove his Reproductive organs, that, are up in his abdomen. Nothing was said to me, nothing was written on my health Certificate, about this birth defect that is passed down from Her breeding line of adult dogs, to her puppies. I have called her, texted her, and asked for help to pay For this surprise, shocking discovery, of a needed surgery, For this birth defect, and my Veternarians, strongly Believe that surgery, will prevent cancer and torsion in my Precious puppy, bought from her, Linda Strand. Linda Strand said she would sell me Breeding Rights for Another 350 dollars, if I wanted the AKC full registration and the Rights to Breed my dog, in the future. But, my priority, is the health of my puppy and to get this important necessary surgery, as told to me from 3 Highly intelligent and caring and honest Veternarians. I have medical documentation about my puppy, needing this Surgery. Linda Strand please make this situation right and please Help pay for this surgery. A good reputation is more important that anything in the world. Also, stop please breeding these adult dogs who are passing Down this chromosome, this birth defect down to these Puppies. Linda Strand, you have not responded back to my texts Asking for financial help, for this serious surgery, for my puppy To avoid cancer and torsion. You never told me about this birth defect, and now, I believe it is the right thing to help me with the 500 Dollar surgery cost, please. I want to help my puppy to avoid cancer and to live a long and happy and healthy life. Linda Strand, do you?

Dear Anonymous- Hum who are you if you are posting a complaint that you purchased a dog from us? Every puppy is carefully bred and raised.

Every puppy is examined by a Lic Vet and the health cert goes with him/her including a bill of sale.

IF there is something stated on a Health cert- the buyer has to SIGN that they are accepting the puppy with such statement mentioned from the vet- and a bill of sale may reflect that if we do a price reduction- so?? did you sign a bill of sale for this puppy- did you get a discount--- If you purchased a puppy with an undecended testical as you state than you most certainly did!!!! No bloodline is perfect- no one breeds perfect animals!

If there is a non life threatening issue we do NOT put the puppy down- the best importers/breeders also have produced undecended testicals and this is a thing of nature, if you received such a puppy He came with a discount and it is clearly stated on a health cert that YOU SIGNED! Why you would now slam the breeder because your vet wants more money- twice as much- as another vet to neuter the pup - which we suggested- is not our problem- we offered very affordable vetsMrs Brown- so your choice to pay this exorbitant price- NO law would side with me if you gave me money for fast food and later I wanted you to pay for an expensive restaurant- Enjoy your beautiful Boy- he is Sweet, loving, happy- healthy, big,,, all the things you wanted, - and he doesnt need testicals to be a great pet for you

With this birth defect that my puppy has affecting his reproductive organs, the surgery, to prevent cancer, will

Remove his reproductive organs, never to have litters, or puppies of his own.

So, Linda Strand, I definitely will never need the breeding rights,

Because my puppy has a birth defect, passed down from your

Breeding line, both parents of this puppy.

There is no need for me to pay another 350 for breeding rights, when, my puppy must have surgery, to remove his reproductive organs, to prevent cancer, as documented by three Veternarians, Who are excellent and experienced Veternarians. What I need and what this puppy needs and deserves is The surgery, to prevent cancer.

The best and the morally correct thing is for you, To pay for this surgery, for the life of this puppy. You never told me, you never wrote about this birth defect, So I bought a puppy, from you, with a serious birth defect, that most be corrected by surgery, soon. Please, Linda Strand, I am asking you to do the right thing, for this serious health problem, birth defect, that was never told to Me, when, I paid for puppy, and It was a shock and frightening news, for me to find out, from 3 Veternarians that my puppy, that has a serious health problem, that only surgery can correct, to help him, to live, to be without Cancer! Please pay for this surgery, it is the right thing to do, for this Precious puppy.

As a Breeder, please help this puppy, who got this birth defect, From your breeding line. Nothing in writing, nothing on the health certificate, nothing said to me, about this birth defect, when selling this puppy, to me.

View more comments (1)

Dishonest and a liar

she is very dishonest . she acts like she is godly but the hard truth is she is a liar who will do what ever it takes to get your money. she lied about the age of dog we bought from her . she said dog was 4 years old and never breed. in fact she said dog could not breed kept losing puppies each time. god knows how many times. when we took dog to vet. they told us that this dog was well over 7 years old and had been breed MANY times!! she just used her to have puppies to sell. never trained her . dog can not even walk on a leash. you can tell this dog has been caged all its life just a breeding machine. instead of giving her away to a good family to live out the rest of its short life remaining. she sold us the dog under false pretenses such a liar. just to make a last buck on the poor dog after all those littlers she made lots of money im sure. she is more the devil than a christian. stay away save yourself the headache .
ID
Cons
  • Entire experience with linda strand
Not as described/ advertised

Run Away From Linda Strand As Fast As ou Can!!!!

I bought a horse from Linda Strand; the day that I paid for the horse, Linda's personality abruptly changed from the nice church lady, to the devil! To make a long story short, she cheated me out of the registration papers for the horse. While the horse was not lame, Linda's excuse for no papers was; she claimed that she sent the papers along with the mare; I hired the leading horse transport company in the USA to bring her to me: Brookledge! I spoke with Brookledge management, the driver and the secretary about their policy on protocol for issues like this one. Brookledge transports horses worth millions of dollars; thus, they have rigig protocol for each delivery. I was assured that NO PAPERS were given to the driver other than the mandatory Coggins test. From that point forward Linda completely cut off communication. It would have required small claims litigation to recover the registration papers. STAY AWAY FROM LINDA STAND!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Based on my experience, she is a professional fraud!
West Palm Beach, Florida
Cons
  • Entire experience with linda strand
Poor customer service